05 April 2007

Maudy Thursday


No, it's not a typo. I don't mean "Maundy." I mean "Maudy" as in "Maude." As in the snarky, feminist TV character, played by the inimitable Bea Arthur.

I have only seen clips, not a full episode of "Maude," which ran from 1972-1978. I'm missing out on an integral intersection of pop culture and feminism here! No more.

Today is Maudy Thursday for me. I have devoted myself to watching episodes of "Maude" tonight (after "The Office," duh.) This is just a start to making the world a better place.

4 comments:

Lindy Loo said...

I am so glad that I'm not the only nerd who's avoided making any plans tonight because she is eagerly awaiting the newest episode of The Office.

Bless you, Peppermint.

peppermintlisa said...

watch the preview on youtube, which encapsulates the Jim/Pam storyline set to lilting music. It will give you goosebumps.

SnogAsh said...

something about you staying in with the goal of watching tv all night long really, it just, it makes me tear up a bit.

peppermintlisa said...

not so fast, snog. i'm not ready to enter your world quite yet. i will be doing something productive, too. like surfing the internet.