17 January 2007

more fun than a magic 8 ball

Meme time. Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see you?
"Born secular" by Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins
(sorry but the world definitely sees me as jewish.)

Will I have a happy life?"
"Hey Girl" by Billy Joel
(you're avoiding the question)

What do my friends really think of me?
"Hey, Mrs. Lovely" by Ryan Adams
(so you think I'll get married!?!)

How can I make myself happy?
"Like a River" by Kasey Chambers
(is this new age advice shit?)

What should I do with my life?
"Send a message to her" by Beck
(Who's her!!?)

Will I ever have children?
"Carrion" by Fiona Apple
(Sweet jesus. that's morbid.)

What is some good advice for me?
"Insect Eyes" by Devendra Banhart

How will I be remembered?
"My Baby just cares for me" by Nina Simone

What is my signature dancing song?
"Joanni" by Kate Bush
(if this isn't michael jackson or stevie wonder or a bollywood song, it's a damn lie)

What do I think my current theme song is?
"Sleeping In" by the Postal Service
(could very well be)

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
"Bright as Yellow" by Innocence Mission
(aww, thanks, y'all.)

What song will play at my funeral?
"Upon this tidal wave of young blood" by Clap your hands say yeah
(um, again, morbid.)

What is my day going to be like?
"How to be invisible" by Kate Bush
(so, like every day?)

2 comments:

Lindy Loo said...

Ha ha ha--a couple of these made me laught out loud.

I'm so trying this tomorrow.

Katherine said...

hmmmm. morbid is the right word. but funny!