08 August 2005

McSweeney's: I'm Lovin' It

I'm ashamed to admit I've denied McSweeney's advances until now. He's beckoned to me from the lists of links of blogs and sites I respect and cherish. In my youthful insouciance of two years ago, I visited with the chap, finding him a trifle pretentious. I lacked the maturity of a veteran web surfer, was turned off by the simple site design.

But I've grown up. I'm ready to try again. Recently, I visited the site through a link and was pleasantly amused. I went to the site today in search of said link so I could post it here, and I found myself quite distracted by the popular lists.

I hardly need to read the actual lists, as the titles of the lists hold their own humor. For example:

Other Things the Road to Hell is Paved with

Christmas Presents
I Would Consider Giving Mr. Belvedere Were He My Personal Manservant


Ways in Which She Could Have Blinded Me With Science:

Then there's the Short Imagined Monologues, like MICROSOFT OFFICE ASSISTANT:THE PAPER CLIP.

Nerdy repartee—I love it. I think we're going to be happy together, McSweeney's.

No comments: